There is much excitement in our house as in 6 days we will greet this little darling.
We’ve been frantically puppy proofing the house as we get ready for her arrival. It hasn’t been this tidy in years. One of the necessary items to get was, of course, a bed, but they were all rather dull. So, I thought, how hard can it be to make a bed? I’ve got the fabric and loads of wadding left over from quilts…
Suffice it to say, it’s not as easy as you’d think. Possibly if I’d made a rectangle without sides it would’ve been easier. With a certain amount of work I have finished it and hopefully she’ll like the result.
I’ve used some cheerful IKEA fabric, which is much jollier than anything I saw in the pet shop, or even online. There is a separate cushion, which has a removable waterproof cover (in case of accidents) and then the pretty cover on the outside. I’ve made spares of the covers.
While I’m here I meant to post about my kitchen curtains, which I finally finished in October. You can see them in the background. They’re improv patchwork, sort of. I chose fabrics from my stash which had some green in them to go with the walls.
They’re exactly what I wanted and I can sit in the kitchen and admire the different fabrics picking out my favourites, at least until I have a puppy to distract me.
I thought I’d add an update of Tilly enjoying her bed.
It’s a long time since we had a puppy, so we are rediscovering how sharp their teeth are. We are looking forward to being able to take her out to make some friends and use up the excess energy.
Just to finish a little video of her trying to get treats out of a toilet roll.
Tilly’s toilet roll challenge.