It’s quite early I know, but I’ve been seeing some gorgeous wreaths made using felt. I have quite a stash of felted blankets and jumpers, which I decided to use. As some of them were not very felted I decided to stitch 2 layers together. After some trial and error I found that using bondaweb was the best solution followed by machining.
It’s easy to draw on the paper and you can get a nice sharp shape when they are vut out. These were then ironed onto a different shade of green.
It was much easier to stitch the leaves before cutting them out, as I realised halfway through. Originally I tried hand stitching, but soon realised that would take ages.
Once they were done I used hot glue to stick them onto some green garden wire, squeezing the base of the leaf together to add some dimension.
Once I’d got lots of leaves I made some wet felted berries, which I also stuck onto wire. Then I made up little bundles.
For my base I used a plastic ring I must’ve had for over 20 years. The joys of being a hoarder. I wrapped it with green florist’s tape (also been in my stash forever).
Finally, I positioned the bundles round the ring using the wire to attach them. To keep them in place I wrapped more tape round the whole lot. The last stage was a lot of tweaking, but I’m very pleased with the result and look forward to hanging it on the front door this Christmas.